WICKLOW SAILING CLUB
in association with the Royal Irish Yacht Club and the Royal Ocean Racing Club
warmly welcomes you to the
Volvo Round Ireland Yacht Race 2016
Wicklow Sailing Club, South Quay, Wicklow Town, Co Wicklow, Ireland.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.roundireland.ie
Note: While every care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information, the Race Organisers do not accept responsibility for any inaccuracies that may occur in this document.
Contacts Wicklow Harbour Commissioners: +353 (0)404 67455
VHF Ch. 16 and 14 ( Mon – Fri only)
Wicklow Sailing Club
- Commodore Hal Fitzgerald +353 (0)87 668 7081
- Race Organiser Theo Phelan +353 (0)87 277 2138
- Race Office +353 (0)85 236 3804
- Dedicated Office No for reporting in +353 (0)85 263 4150 (Not for public use)
- Wicklow Berthing David Ryan +353 (0)87 790 7869
- Clubhouse +353 (0)404 67526
- House Commodore Gerry Nolan +353 (0)87 267 4286
- Bar Kerrie Gill +353 (0)86 841 9788
- Catering Sandra Fitzgerald +353 (0)87 9088558
Royal Irish Yacht Club
- Commodore Paul Sherry
- Secretary / Boathouse +353 (0)1 280 9452
- Sailing Manager Mark McGibney +353 (0)87 948 1707
- Catering Gareth McGinty +353 (0)1 280 9452
REGISTRATION FOR THE RACE
- As per the issued Sailing Instructions, Primary Race office in Wicklow Sailing Club and the subsidiary office in the Royal Irish Yacht Club will be open for registration between 10:00 and 17:00 hours on Wednesday 15th & Thursday 16th and from 10:00 to 16:00 hours on Friday 17th June.
- Trackers, Decals, previously ordered polo shirts must be collected at boat registration.
- Entrants who have received dispensations must present the original version of the signed disclaimer form.
BAR – FOOD & SOCIAL CALENDAR – WICKLOW
Please note: Wednesday to Saturday inclusive the Club House will be opened each morning from at 8:30 am. In addition, portaloos are available 24 hrs in the field beside the club.
WSC bar will open early afternoon till late from Wednesday onwards.
Wednesday 15th From 19:30 hrs: Wicklow Brewery Tasting @ €5:00 (Includes sample of 6 beers)
Thursday 16th From 19:30 hrs: Food & Jazz @ €15:00 (Includes a curry and a glass of wine)
Friday 17th 18:00 hrs Skippers Briefing (Skipper & Navigator only)
Friday 17th evening:
· We invite all competing sailors to a complementary buffet meal, a drink included, at 19:30 hrs (after the Skippers Briefing); make sure to bring your voucher!!! (voucher will be included in boat pack available on registration)
· Complementary buses leave RIYC in Dun Laoghaire at 16:00, returns departing WSC at 21:30 & 23:30 sharp!
20:00 – 11:30 hrs Burgers @ €5:00
- Music in the Marquee from 20:00 hrs by Maguire Band, Perfect Friction, Mic Shy.
- Lowering the Flags at 22:45 hrs
- Sailfest Fireworks Display at 23.00 hrs outside the club.
FOR FULL CALENDAR OF SAILFEST EVENTS SEE: www.roundirelandsailfest.ie
Saturday 18th 08:00 – 10:00 hrs: Sausage & Bacon Roll OR Porridge & Toast @ €5:00
12:00 – 16:00 hrs: Burgers @ €5:00
Then a few short and hectic days later as the crews return………
Warm welcome back to Wicklow with hot food and full bar service available 24 hours every day
BAR – FOOD & SOCIAL CALENDAR – ROYAL IRISH YC Dun Laoghaire
- Breakfast Menu served from 9 am daily
- Bar Lunch Menu served daily
- Formal Dining each evening in the dining room
See club house for menus
Thursday 16th June 2016 Club Racing night
- BBQ selection from 7.30pm on the deck; BBQ Prices start at €8.00 available until 22.00hrs
- Drinks promotion available on the night 4 bottles of Orpen’s Cider for €10.00.
- Live Music on the deck from 8pm, ‘’Pat & Becks.’’
Facilities in Wicklow
CAR PARKING in WICKLOW
· From Friday morning until after start of race on Saturday there will be a prohibition on Car Parking on the South Quay / Clubhouse road. Access will be permitted ONLY to Permit Holders. Permits for necessary access will be available from the Race Office for restricted use and duration.
· Secure car-parking for competitors during the race is available in Wicklow.
(Dun Laoghaire boats contact Mark McGibney who has already circulated facilities details)